Sunday, February 05, 2012

College of the Desert

Welcome to new readers Eve and Steve, and Angela, glad to have you along for the ride.

The College of the Desert Street Fair is on every Saturday and Sunday. It is down in Palm Desert to the South of Desert Hot Springs. There are 340 vendors and up to 20,000 visitors a day.

I had not had much success in getting a swim suit the day before, so I thought that maybe I could get on at the street fair. There are a few swimsuit booths and the first booth we found, had a very nice one and I bought it on the spot. We wandered around and bought a few other things including a solar charger for my cell phone.

Here are some photos of some of the 20,000 people who attended the COD Street Fair today.





We went home after the street fair with a brief stop off at Walmart for some groceries. The afternoon was taken up with swimming, soaking in the hot tub and then a bike ride around the resort to pick out our site for next time.

Relaxing at the upper pool
Bocce Ball
Pickle Ball
Mini Golf

Bike ride outside the Resort

Lots of bunnies behind us in the scrub

Sunset


Goodnight

Tomorrow we pack up and head back to Escondido. V's Hospice Social Worker had called me in the morning to tell me that she has a bed in the Assisted Living section of the Chateau. V is going to move there on Monday. Not sure if the move will be temporary or permanent. It is a big step for her to move into "God's Waiting Room".

6 comments:

  1. "God's waiting room" -- I had never heard that but will probably use it in the future.

    We love all the activities around the Palm Springs area and plan on being up that way in a couple weeks. Too bad we missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The COD is a nice day trip,and relaxing around the resort is fun too.
    Glad V got here spot in the hospice hope all goes better for her there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sunset! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jeri - I love the expression God's Waiting Room. I know when we got Dad moved to assisted living he was so much happier and we didn't have to worry about him. He was able to stay in his own apartment and that is where he died which is what he wanted. It was a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your closing sentence left a sense of peace in my heart. Thank you

    Just BS! (Bob and Sue)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will not be able to move in until Friday, so I am here with her until then. This will give us time to decide what furniture we will be taking over, as well as get some other matters under control. Glad you like the phrase. I cannot claim it as my own as my Dad used to say it all the time when he was in the nursing home. He probably stole it from someone else.

    ReplyDelete