Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter Mornings

It gets harder and harder to get up in the morning, especially now that it is so cold and dark. All I can think about is getting on the road and getting to a warm place. Our first priority is to go to California for a few months to stay with our "American Mother" who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She needs care and moral support. It is just unfortunate that I am unable to get there before July. Her 90th birthday is on August 20th. That would have been my father's 91st birthday!! However my sister is trying to make arrangements to go there after the surgery.

My resolve to shed all the trappings of normal life and lead a more simple life is strengthening by the day. Why on earth do we collect all our lives and then when we get to this phase, it makes it so much harder to shed all that stuff? I wish we could start out being so smart as to not collect all these things.

The things that I am going to miss the most are my amazing kids, their partners and my wonderful grandchildren, Noah and Owen. Everything else is just lint.

No comments:

Post a Comment