Tuesday, February 04, 2014

I kicked Michael!

A couple of hours before we left Tropic Winds for our dinner with Ruth and Ken, I rushed into the motorhome and as I hurried behind Michael he moved backward. I kicked the back of his foot (on the sole of his sandal) with my left pinky. Crack!! I looked down at my foot and the toe was pointing to the left, while my other toes were all pointing forward. OUCH!!! I quickly bent down and pushed the toe straight. CRACK! It went back into place. I almost fainted with the pain. By the time we got to Mission, the bruise was starting to show on the toe, which was quite swollen.

By Monday morning the bruise was starting to go down into the foot. It is very painful and I am sure it is broken. Nothing to be done, but to take painkillers, anti-inflammatories and apply ice. I have also taped the little toe next to the one next to it.

I hope it doesn't take too long to feel better because I can cannot put any weight on the front part of my foot. Here is a pic of my tender tootsie!


It is amazing that an injury to such a small digit can effectively hobble you! No long walks or hikes for a while.

5 comments:

  1. OUCH!! That looks painful. You're right - it doesn't take much injury on your foot to make you miserable. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my.... it's so PRETTY PURPLE! you could paint your other toenails to match it and coordinate?

    (owie, I am sure it hurts..... just trying to make you grin)

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one purple doozy! Sorry. It might help if you splint your pinkie to to the next one with tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, I splinted it yesterday and it makes a huge difference. I can actually walk as long I do not put too much pressure on the area. Wearing my granny sandals with Velcro fasteners.

      Delete
  4. Yikes! Hope it is healing quickly.

    ReplyDelete