Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Short Getaway

Goodness me, I have not been on here for a few days. I was working on the weekend and so just ate, slept and worked for 3 days. Then Dad lost his hearing aid and I spent all of yesterday looking for it in the mall, on the way to the mall and at home, but to no avail. I have handed out flyers and stuck flyers on lamp posts, but I am not holding my breath. It is a very small pink beige lump that looks like half chewed gum.

Then I had to finish filling out the forms for Dad's and Michael's passports. This in preparation for our trip to San Diego in August. Just getting ready to seal up the envelope on Dad's application when I realized that we were missing one photograph. Frantic search in the room, but couldn't find it. Rush over to the mall to see if I can get another copy of it, but the studio deletes all files every 3 days. In the middle of the night I woke up and remembered that Dad had been carrying the passport forms around in a Purolater envelope. Took a look this morning and there it was, whew. That saved a bit of expense and hassle. Isn't it funny how, sometimes, answers to problems come in the early hours of the morning.

This coming weekend (Queen Victoria Day) we are going to camp for 1 night up in Uxbridge. Our friends Trixie and Russ are house and pet sitting for friends, so we will park in the driveway. Dad can sleep inside the house.

Michael tried everything in the trailer the other day, just to make sure that no damage had been done with the wiring malfunctions, but everything seems to be OK. Hooray! I am really looking forward to camping, even if it is in someone's driveway for one night! A bad day camping is better that a good day at home. It is going to be so good to see Trixie and Russ as they have just returned from 2 1/2 months in South Africa. They have many stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment