Friday, October 12, 2012

I spoke (wrote) too soon....

Where are we today? 
Cedar Beach Park, Stouffville, Ontario

We woke to below freezing this morning and wet snow. The car was covered in ice. Hello Winter!

Pretty much seals it for us. We will put the RV into temporary storage and move into the house. There will be an overlap of about 4 days after the kids move in which will be interesting, but as we will have a sofa bed there, we should be fine. It will give us a good idea of what fixes need to be done and to make sure all the systems are working.

6:00 pm About Turn!!

This afternoon I received a phone call from the Town of Whitby. After the refusal of our application to park on the property that I had submitted a couple of weeks ago, I sent another email explaining that we would not be parking on the road or on our driveway, but in the back of the property, behind the house and completely off the road. A very nice lady from the municipality called me, got the details and said it is OK! So we will be pulling in behind the house and parking there for the week. Not sure yet if we will stay in the RV or in the house, but at least we have the choice! We even took a drive to Whitby to measure the size of the gate. We will fit through with ease!

Below freezing temps for tonight, so we have put the 100 watt light into the plumbing bay to stop any freezing of the water connections. The propane cylinder is full for a night of heavy furnace use and we are all prepared.


  1. Below Freezing!!??!! Snow!!??!! Definitely words I don't want to deal with. Hope you can get that RV out of that cold weather soon. Four days with the kids shouldn't be too bad.

  2. We had ice here in Ohio also. We need to get out of here....FAST!

  3. We are on the count down here at Woodstock... 2weeks to go... Can't wait.

  4. Anonymous9:29 PM

    So glad to hear things are falling into place.