Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Free wifi tethering from Android phone!

Where are we today? 


I have been using my Droid and USB tethering it with PDANet to my computer. I have now found an app called FoxFi which allows me to turn my Droid into a wifi hotspot. Fantastic! I now have access to wifi on my iPad as we travel and I don't have to pay for a 3G plan. One of the apps I really like is MyRadar, which allows me to see the weather radar as we travel. I LOVE technology!

We moved back to Guajome for the final few days. Work on the house in Ocean Hills is in full swing. We are having to do things like choose the new kitchen floor, buy new vents for the heating system, new face plates for the switches and outlets, new shower heads etc. I doubt that we will be able to stay here to see the house all repainted and fixed up, but Deanna will send us photos. Our first stop will be Quartzsite to see if Discount Solar is still open. (Update: They are closed for the summer). Then we head to Camp Verde RV Resort near Sedona, a couple of days of exploring, then to Santa Fe, Taos,  Colorado Springs and then east on the I70 and up into Indiana, Michigan and home. Arriving in Ontario on April 29th. Hoping to dodge any bad weather around us.


View Larger Map

9 comments:

  1. Yes technology is just great, love it!

    We got our Solar done there and they treated us very good.

    You could give them a call and see if they are open and what days.
    Travel safe.

    http://www.discountsolar.com/info.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch those weather reports. They are still getting snow in Santa Fe, Taos. They just got snow yesterday in Albuquerque. Safe travels. ~wheresweaver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love PDANet...could use it on my BlackBerry but unfortunately I can't on my iPhone.:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip regarding PDANet and FoxFi. I hope you have a safe trip to the East. It can be a nerve wracking season to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get some good weather for your journey north.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love technology too. Don't know how I lived without it. Everything I see, hear or read about, I can find more explanations for online.
    Especially the weather forecast. I am looking into that several times a day. Great with interactive maps that show how the system is moving.
    Have a save travel home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What droid phone do you use? Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am in the process of finding out the availability of such services at my remote cottage, thought this info might be useful.

      Delete