Sunday, July 24, 2011

The summer of '11

I can't believe it is so long since I last posted! Either we have been too busy or having too much fun! Now let me see, what has been happening simce I last posted??? I am going to try and post more often. I met someone today, where we are camped at the moment (Galvin Bay, Buckhorn) who has given me fresh enthusiasm! Thanks, George!

We got back to Ontario at the beginning of April. We had flown from California to Dulles and my sister met us at the airport and drove us back to her house in Keedysville, Maryland. We stayed a couple of days there and then drove "home" to Ajax. The motorhome was in storage in Moodie's Motor Inn. It was so good to be back in our home on wheels! Surprisingly, she started up first try and we moved to a spot at the back of the storage area where there is a power outlet, water and a sewer. Being so early in the season, the water was not turned on yet, but Michael managed to get some water and filled the tanks. Cedar Beach was not open yet, so we had to stay in Moodies for almost 2 weeks. I object to paying for camping when we have a seasonal site up in Stouffville! We took a couple of trips up to Cedar Beach and realized that we would not get the Seneca into the site we had booked last October, so we had to find another site. There were not many available, but we did find one which had no tree in front and had an open view to the South West sky for the satellite.

We moved happily onto our site on April 13th and started getting settled in. Luckily we were able to sell the shed that we built on our site across the road, to the family who took over that site. We found a better shed at Rona and spent a weekend putting that up. The next thing we built was a deck. The deck is just 7 4X8 modules, pushed together. We put a gazebo onto the deck, put in some plants and flower boxes and we are set. We have met some really nice people who live on our "street". I will post photos as soon as I have access to the Internet on my MacBook. I am making this blog entry on my iPad. I should look into getting the photo connector for the iPad.

The July long weekend we camped with friends at Saugeen Springs RV Resort near Hanover, where we camped for 3 days (at an exorbitant $50 a night), but we did have fun tubing down the Saugeen River. After the weekend we proceeded on to a Coast to Coast resort called Lake Huron RV Resort, just north of Goderich. We really enjoyed those 5 days. The resort is on the West coast of Ontario. Views of Lake Huron are expansive and the sunsets are staggeringly beautiful. We took the time to do some exploring in the Saturn. The other campers in the park were very friendly. We are booked to return toward the end of August.

I have half heartedly being looking for a casual job in an Obstetrics unit somewhere, but as there are so many cutbacks in the health care industry I doubt that I will find anything. No-one is hiring. Just thought that I could supplement our pensions for some extra stuff for the Motorhome, like solar panels etc.

1 comment:

  1. Dee, nice to met you and glad to see that you are back blogging, mine is an addiction, I have to write it down so I don't forget what we did, lol. And is a nice way to look back and se what we did in the past. Keep up the good work here.

    ReplyDelete