Monday, February 22, 2010

128 Days to go!

We have decided to sell the condo. My son has said that later in the year, house prices are going to fall, so this would be a good time. After the dust has settled we will try to find a small bungalow somewhere that has a good size lot to store the MH, or put a tenant into the house, while we have the freedom to move around, plus have a base in which to stay.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Push Is ON!!!

I have just handed in my notice to retire at the end of June!! I really like my job and this is going to be hard! Anyone want to buy a Nissan Versa or rent an 1800 sq foot condo in Pickering??

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010

Back to the end of June!!!

Due to circumstances surrounding our dear "American Mom" in San Diego, the date is once again set for July 1st. If we don't get out of the condo by the end of June, then we will stay in Ontario until everything is gone, as in donated, sold or trashed and leave as soon as we have a tenant.

Now I am getting excited. Retirement is within sight. 4 1/2 months. 138 days to go!!

Friday, February 05, 2010

Retirement delayed for a while

I have found out that I can take Family Medical Leave from work to take care of my "American" mom if it is needed. The hospital will protect my job and also pay their portion of my benefits. In the meantime I will go over to San Diego in April for a week and then again August for her 90th birthday. She is starting chemo and radiation this next week. We will take it one day at a time and see how things go.

Then I will probably retire as from January 1st 2011. That will give me enough time to sort the house out and I will also have that much more in the pension fund.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Update

It is very likely that retirement is to be delayed. In the meantime we are continuing with paring down our belongings in preparation for when we can go on the road.