Sunday, January 03, 2010

We have made a big decision

This weekend we have made the decision to go full time Rving. The plan is for me to stop work at the end of June and move into the Motor home. Initially we will probably park at Moodies Motel as it is cheap and we can get full hookup. We have not decided yet if we will sell or rent out the condo, but we are leaning toward selling. Once we have finished travelling, we will not want to cope with the stairs and will probably buy a condo on one level or a bungalow.

We will see how we go with the Regal. At 30 feet it will be a small living space, but if we are careful with what we put in it, it will be fine. If we do find it too small then we may rethink the plan slightly and look for a good used A class or switch to a 5th wheel.

I am dreading going in to work tomorrow and having to tell the boss. A very bad time especially as we are moving into a new phase of the project. Gulp!

I am going to try and keep this blog up to date with our news and post at least once a week until we are on the road. There is so much to do, the least of which is the disposal of all our stuff and still some of dad's stuff. There is so much sentimentality attached to a lot of things that it is going to be hard, but it must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment