Wednesday, June 08, 2005

New Camera!!

Here I am back again. I got the Olympus Camera (click on the heading of this post to see a review). I worked hard for that...2 extra shifts at work. We went to Costco on the way to Darlington on Saturday and bought the camera plus a 512 MB xD card. I spent the weekend playing with the camera and took hundreds of photos. On the default setting the photos are about 20 MB each, but that gives you a lot of leeway to crop, zoom, fix etc etc. I took some great macro shots of dandelion flowers and some of a dragon fly sitting on a branch. The one dragon fly picure has been played with. I did a video, but it was not too exciting. I will have to play around with that. The camera also takes panoramic photos and for that I will have to get a tripod.

Below are 3 macro shots I did. If you click on the photos you will see a larger version. I will post a couple of landscape shots that I did as soon as I have reduced them in size in Photoshop.

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase, especially since it was even lower in price when I got to Costco. $529 was, I thought a pretty good price, seeing that Tiger Direct quoted about $730! What is more I got a genuine Olympus xD card from Blacks on sale at $99. Next month I will get a backup battery.

Watch this space for more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment